Baking sweet potatoes makes them intensely sweet and full of flavor
- 2¼ lb (1.1kg) orange-fleshed sweet potatoes, pricked with a fork
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2/3 cup heavy cream, plus more for pouring (optional)
- 1 tbsp horseradish
The purée can be made, covered, and refrigerated 1 day ahead, and reheated gently.
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Place the potatoes on a aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Bake about 50 minutes, until tender. Let cool until easy to handle.
2. Peel the potatoes. Transfer to a food processor and purée. With the machine running, pour in the cream. Add the horseradish and pulse. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a saucepan and stir over medium heat until piping hot. Drizzle a little cream on top, if desired, and serve hot.
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings and on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.