This is a smooth creamy purée in the French style. Try it for a change at Thanksgiving.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 2 large potatoes), each pricked 3 or 4 times with a fork
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ¼ pound unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook potatoes, uncovered, at 100% for 13 to 15 minutes, until tender. Remove from oven and peel.
2. Pass potatoes through a ricer or the medium disc of a food mill. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Serve hot.