- Course: Cold Appetizer
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 14 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
Talk about fabulously simple and seriously delicious—this is it, the perfect summer soup. Sweet petits pois are blended with ripe avocado for an excellent first course or light luncheon dish. A little goes a long way, so serve in small bowls.
1. In a food processor fitted with the metal blade combine the avocado and peas and process until smooth. Add the broth, scallions, lemon juice, sour cream, and 3 tablespoons of the salsa and blend until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
2. Serve in small cups with a dollop of the remaining 1 tablespoon of salsa on top of each.
May be made up to 6 hours ahead, covered well, and refrigerated.
The clever cook could:
1. Garnish this with shredded cucumber and carrots.
2. Double the recipe for a dinner party.
3. Garnish with a corn-tomato relish.
4. Garnish with chopped cooked shrimp, lobster, or crabmeat.
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings and 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.