- Course: Tapas/Small Plates
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 0 Times
Maple syrup mixed with nuts and butter makes a sweet. Crunchy filling for squash in this fall vegetable side dish. Bake along with Lamb and Turkey Loaf for an easy oven supper.
- 2 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 4 teaspoons pure maple syrup or honey
- 4 teaspoons chopped walnuts
- 4 teaspoons raisins (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place squash, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Add 1 teaspoon each butter, syrup, walnuts, and raisins (if using) to each squash half. Bake until tender, about 1 hour.
© 2005 Maryanna Vollstedt