This vinaigrette is chock-full of fresh herbs that will liven up any type of salad greens or fresh vegetable, cold seafood, chicken, or pasta salads.
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¾ cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a medium bowl, combine the shallot, garlic, parsley, chives, basil, mustard, lemon juice, and vinegar and whisk until well blended. (Or place in a food processor and process until well blended.)
2. Slowly pour in the olive oil, whisking constantly (or processing) until blended. Add the salt and pepper and taste for seasoning.