- Course: Main Course, Side Dish
- Total Time: Under 15 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 2 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
This dish is named for the chilled Russian soup of beets and sour cream.
1. Whisk the yogurt and horseradish together in a serving bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Drain the beets, add them to the dressing, and toss to coat.
3. Holding the bunches of watercress by the stem ends, rinse them under cold running water, shake, and then pat dry with towels. Slice off the stems with a sharp knife and add the, watercress leaves to the bowl.
4. Cut the ham into ½-inch pieces and add them to the bowl. Toss the ingredients together. You can serve the salad immediately or refrigerate up to 1½ hours.
Nutritional information is based on 4 servings, and includes 1/4 teaspoon of added salt.
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox