Portobello mushrooms make great bases for savory goat cheese and pine nut fillings.
- 8 portobello mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus more for greasing
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup pine nuts, toasted
- ¼ cup roughly torn basil
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 oz (170g) firm goat cheese, cut into 8 slices
- 8 slices pancetta, unrolled into strips
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Place the mushrooms on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in pine nuts, basil, and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
3. Spoon the mixture into the mushrooms. Top each with a slice of goat cheese. Wrap a pancetta strip around each mushroom, tucking the ends underneath.
4. Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and the pancetta is crisp. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.