- 1¼ cups (300 mL) all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) oat bran
- 1½ tsp (7 mL) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- ½ cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup (50 mL) butter, melted
- 1 cup (250 mL) buttermilk
- ½ cup (125 mL) strawberry preserves
- ¼ cup (50 mL) sliced almonds
- Muffin tin, greased or paper-lined
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
1. In a bowl, combine flour, oat bran, baking powder, baking soda and sugar. Make a well in the center.
2. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, butter and buttermilk. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moist and blended.
3. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, filling half full. Add 1 heaping tbsp (15 mL) strawberry preserves. Top with the remaining batter. Sprinkle with sliced almonds. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutritional information is based on a serving size of 1 muffin.