- Course: Hot Appetizer, Main Course
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 37 Times
A simple combination of chicken broth with eggs.
- 6 cups chicken stock, preferably homemade
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup small pasta, such as ditalini or broken spaghetti
- 4 large eggs
- ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp butter
1. Bring the stock to a steady boil. Season with salt and pepper. Add the pasta and cook according to package instructions.
2. Beat the eggs with the nutmeg, and season with salt and pepper. Add the parsley.
3. Reduce the heat to low. Add the butter to the stock. Stir the simmering stock with a whisk so the stock swirls in a vortex. In a steady stream, add the eggs. Cook about 1 minute, until the egg strands look set. Do not let the stock return to a boil. Remove from the heat and let stand for 3 minutes. Serve hot.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings and 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox