- Course: Side Dish
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 89 Times
The added flavorings transform broccoli into something special.
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp crushed hot red pepper
- ¼ cup vegetable stock or water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Cut the broccoli into florets. Pare the stems and cut them crosswise into thin slices.
2. Heat a large frying pan or wok over medium heat. Add the sesame seeds and cook, stirring almost constantly, about 1–2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
3. Add the oil, soy sauce, and hot pepper to the pan and stir combine. Add the broccoli and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
4. Pour in the stock and cover. Cook for about 2 minutes longer, or until crisp-tender. Stir in the sesame seeds and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
Good with grilled meats.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings and on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.