Spinach, Pear, and Endive Salad
An ideal salad to serve alongside Asian-style duck or grilled meat.
Preparation Time10 min
Preparation Time - Text10 mins
Total Timeunder 15 minutes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party, Family Get-together
Recipe Coursecold appetizer, main course
Dietary Considerationcold appetizer, main course
Taste and Texturecrunchy, fruity, light, savory
Type of Dishsalad
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 7 oz (200g) baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 2 Belgian endive, leaves separated, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 firm, ripe pears, peeled and sliced
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
Shake the vinegar, honey, mustard, and oil in a jar until blended. Season with salt and pepper.
Place the spinach, endive, pears, and shallots in a large bowl. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss gently.
2008 Dorling Kindersley