- Course: Cold Appetizer, Main Course
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 42 Times
An ideal salad to serve alongside Asian-style duck or grilled meat.
For the vinaigrette:
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 7 oz (200g) baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 2 Belgian endive, leaves separated, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 firm, ripe pears, peeled and sliced
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
1. Shake the vinegar, honey, mustard, and oil in a jar until blended. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Place the spinach, endive, pears, and shallots in a large bowl. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss gently.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.