- Course: Snack
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 45 Times
The combination of goat cheese and ricotta with a blending of Italian seasonings is perfect for this panini.
- ¼ cup (50 ml) goat cheese, softened
- ¼ cup (50 ml) ricotta cheese
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) Italian seasoning
- 4 slices (½-inch/1 cm thick slices) sourdough bread
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup (50 ml) sliced drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup (50 ml) shaved Parmesan cheese
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
Preheat panini grill to high.
1. In a bowl, combine goat cheese, ricotta and Italian seasoning.
2. Brush one side of each bread slice with oil. Place two slices on a work surface, oiled side down, and evenly layer with goat cheese mixture, spinach, tomatoes and Parmesan. Sprinkle with pepper. Cover with top halves, oiled side up, and press gently to pack.
3. Place sandwiches in grill, close the top plate and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately.
Store spinach in a plastic bag and refrigerate for no more than 3 days. Spinach has a tendency to be gritty, so make sure to rinse it thoroughly before using.
Thoroughly drain the sun-dried tomatoes to ensure that the bread doesn’t get soggy.
© 2008 Tiffany Collins