This adaptable dip is a perfect accompaniment to sliced vegetables, bread or crackers. For an attractive presentation, hollow out a round loaf of bread and spoon the dip into the cavity. Cut the hollowed-out bread into bite-size pieces and use them for dipping.
- 1 cup (250 ml) soy mayonnaise
- 1 cup (250 ml) vegan sour cream alternative
- ½ cup (125 ml) coarsely chopped green onions (white and green parts, see Notes)
- 4 cloves (about 4 tsp/20 ml) garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1 package (10 oz/300 g) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained (see Notes)
1. In a bowl, combine soy mayonnaise and vegan sour cream. Add green onions, garlic, lemon juice and Italian salad dressing and blend well. Add spinach and mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about an hour.
Variation: For a particularly striking presentation, serve this dip in a clear glass bowl, surrounded by a ring of sliced red peppers.
Nutritional information is based on a serving size of 1/4 cup.