- Course: Cold Appetizer, Hors D'oeuvre, Tapas/Small Plates
- Total Time: Under 4 Hours
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Splurge
- Favorited: 14 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
Serve these shrimp as a first course or on the ends of long bamboo skewers as an appetizer.
1. In a large skillet over low heat, heat the butter and olive oil. Add the garlic and shallots and sauté for 2 minutes without browning.
2. Add the shrimp, increase the heat slightly, and cook until the shrimp are just done, about 4 minutes. Add salt and pepper and toss well. Transfer to a bowl, scraping in all the sauce.
3. Add the lemon juice and dill; toss together well. Cover and refrigerate 3 to 4 hours before serving. Adjust the seasonings and serve.
Nutritional information is based on 10 servings and 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox