- Course: Main Course, Snack
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 1 Time
- 4 large, round chewy rolls
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chile powder such as New Mexican, preferably freshly ground
- 4 ounces tuna packed in olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and thinly sliced
- 12 anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup pitted salt-cured black olives
- 4 to 8 lettuces leaves such as red leaf, green leaf, or butterhead
Cut the rolls in half horizontally and sprinkle the cut sides evenly with the olive oil, vinegar, and chile powder. Drain and flake the tuna, then divide it evenly among the bottom halves of the rolls.
Compose the sandwiches by evenly dividing the tomatoes, eggs, anchovies, capers, olives, and lettuce leaves among them.
Cover with the roll tops and serve.
Nutritional information is based on a serving size of 1 sandwich.