Spicy Guacamole Dressing
This dressing is creamy and smooth, with the flavors of garlic, chili, and lemon juice. It is suitable for a taco salad or as a dip for fresh raw vegetables. Feel free to spice it up. Try the addition of sun-dried tomatoes.
Mind Refresher: Stand straight, breathe normally, and watch the mix of the mind for 30 seconds.
Makes1 cup (250 g)
Total Timeunder 15 minutes
Taste and Texturecreamy, garlicky, herby, hot & spicy, rich, savory, tangy, tart
Type of Dishdip/spread, dressing
- ½ cup(250 ml) water
- ¼ cup(60 ml) fresh lemon jules
- ¼ medium onion, peeled
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, stone removed, and quartered
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 fresh serrano green chili pepper
- Generous handful fresh cilantro leaves (about ¼ cup)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
In an electric blender or food processor, blend water, lemon juice, onion, avocado, garlic, chili, cilantro leaves, oil, and salt until smooth and creamy. Add more water if too thick.
2008 Sharon Louise Crayton