- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 8 Times
North American, from Texas
This dressing is creamy and smooth, with the flavors of garlic, chili, and lemon juice. It is suitable for a taco salad or as a dip for fresh raw vegetables. Feel free to spice it up. Try the addition of sun-dried tomatoes.
- ½ cup(250 ml) water
- ¼ cup(60 ml) fresh lemon jules
- ¼ medium onion, peeled
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, stone removed, and quartered
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 fresh serrano green chili pepper
- Generous handful fresh cilantro leaves (about ¼ cup)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
In an electric blender or food processor, blend water, lemon juice, onion, avocado, garlic, chili, cilantro leaves, oil, and salt until smooth and creamy. Add more water if too thick.
Mind Refresher: Stand straight, breathe normally, and watch the mix of the mind for 30 seconds.
© 2008 Sharon Louise Crayton
Nutritional information is based on 16 servings.