- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 1 Hour
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 4 Times
When cut into small pieces, the chicken cooks up tasty and crispy and is very handy to eat. Big kids and little kids all love these.
Blue cheese dip:
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup mashed blue cheese
- 2 cups Wondra flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups canola oil
- Kosher salt to taste
1. To make the dip, combine the yogurt and blue cheese in a small bowl, mixing well with a fork until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. To make the seasoned flour, combine all the ingredients in a shallow bowl.
3. Cut the chicken into 1½- to 2-inch-long pieces and dredge them in the seasoned flour, tapping off any excess.
4. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil until hot but not smoking. Drop the floured chicken pieces into the oil in batches (be careful not to crowd them, or they won’t fry up crisp) and cook until nicely browned on both sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Continue until all the chicken is cooked.
5. Sprinkle with salt and serve warm with the dip on the side.
Make your chicken strips no more than 2 inches long so that they’re easy to handle. Make sure the oil is hot to get a crunchy nugget.
Blue Cheese Dip can be made a day ahead.
© 2003 Ellen Wright
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information is based on 8 servings, 12 oz of boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, and 1/2 teaspoon of added Kosher salt.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox