There’s some of Vermont and a touch of the Southwest here. Together they do their stuff as a coating for finger-licking riblets, which are bound to be popular at any party. They are the type of tidbit you just can’t get enough of. All you need to finish the picture is a great Midwestern beer and lots of small paper napkins.
- 2 pounds cocktail spare ribs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons unsulfured molasses
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Place the ribs in a shallow roasting pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 45 minutes.
3. While the ribs are cooking, combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Stir well and set aside.
4. Remove the pan from the oven and drain off any fat. Toss the ribs with ½ cup of the marinade. Return them to the oven and bake, turning the ribs and basting them occasionally (if needed) with the remaining ¼ cup marinade, for 30 minutes. Serve immediately.