- 1½ cups milk
- ½ cup heavy sweet cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup sugar
- 6 egg yolks
1. Combine milk and cream in a saucepan. Add spices and half the sugar. Stir and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
2. Combine remaining sugar and egg yolks. Beat for about 2 minutes, or until thoroughly combined.
3. Gradually add milk mixture to egg-yolk mixture. Stir to combine and return to saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture coats the back of a spoon. Be careful not to let mixture boil.
4. Cool and pour into an ice-cream machine. Follow manufacturer’s directions.
Nutritional information is based on 8 servings.