- Course: Dessert
- Total Time: Half Day
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 5 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
For a special occasion, you may want to use champagne, but any good sparkling wine will do.
1. Sprinkle the gelatin over ½ cup of the wine. Let stand until the gelatin softens, about 5 minutes.
2. Combine another ½ cup wine, with the sugar and lemon juice in a nonreactive medium saucepan. Stir over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Add the softened gelatin and stir until the gelatin dissolves; do not boil. Cool slightly. Stir in the remaining wine. Let stand until cooled.
3. Meanwhile, cut each passion fruit in half and scoop out the contents. Divide the pulp among 6 champagne glasses. Add ¼ cup gelatin to each glass. Leave the remaining gelatin mixture at room temperature. Refrigerate the glasses about 30 minutes, until the gelatin sets.
4. Divide the remaining gelatin mixture among the glasses and return to the refrigerator. Chill for at least 4 hours, or until completely set.
5. Garnish each gelatin with rose petals and serve chilled.
Nutritional information is based on using 2 passionfruits.