- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 4 Times
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 bunch broccoli (about 1 pound), trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths; thick stems sliced thin
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1¼ teaspoon crushed dried red pepper
- 1 medium tomato, cored and chopped (about 1 cup), or canned tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted red peppers, rinsed, drained, and cut into 1/8-inch-wide strips
- Grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook spaghetti in plenty of boiling salted water for 3 minutes; add the broccoli; cook until spaghetti is al dente, or firm to the bite, and the broccoli is tender, about 7 to 10 minutes; drain.
2. Heat the oil in a medium skillet; add the garlic and dried red pepper; sauté 1 minute. Stir in the tomato; sauté 5 minutes. Add the red peppers and heat through.
3. Toss sauce with spaghetti and broccoli. Serve with grated cheese.
© 1988 John Boswell Management
Nutritional information does not include grated Parmesan cheese.