- Course: Main Course, Snack
- Total Time: Under 15 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 41 Times
Creamy guacamole, Monterey Jack cheese and onion make this a true south of the border treat.
- 4 slices sourdough bread (½-inch/1 cm thick slices)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter, melted
- ¼ cup (50 ml) Guacamole (store-bought or see recipe)
- 2 oz (60 g) smoked turkey breast, thinly sliced
- 2 oz (60 g) Monterey Jack cheese, sliced
- 4 thin slices tomato
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves
- ¼ cup (50 ml) thinly sliced red onion
Preheat panini grill to high.
1. Brush one side of each bread slice with butter. Place two slices on a work surface, buttered side down, and spread with guacamole. Evenly layer with turkey, cheese, tomato, lettuce and onion. Cover with top halves, buttered side up, and press gently to pack.
2. Place sandwiches in grill, close the top plate and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately.
Variations: Add crunch and flavor with crispy bacon strips. The precooked microwavable bacon now found in grocery stores is a real timesaver.
Adding crushed baked tortilla chips to the filling will make this recipe a hit with kids and young adults.
Serve with salsa on the side or add it to the sandwich before pressing.
© 2008 Tiffany Collins
Nutritional information does not include Guacamole. For nutritional information on Guacamole, please follow the link above.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox