- Course: Side Dish
- Skill Level: Moderate
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 11 Times
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 extra-large eggs, separated
- 1½ cups (375 mL) mashed, peeled, cooked sweet potatoes
- ¾ cup (175 mL) plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) packed light brown sugar
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pinch ground cloves
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) and coat a 6-cup (1.5 L) souffle dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks, sweet potatoes, yogurt, brown sugar, nutmeg, cloves, orange zest, orange juice, salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites and a pinch of salt until soft peaks form; fold into sweet potato mixture. Transfer to prepared souffle dish and bake for 35 minutes, until puffed and brown. Serve immediately.
© 2007 Andrew Schloss
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.