- Course: Hors D'oeuvre
- Total Time: Under 15 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 31 Times
This spread is perfect brunch fare on black bread or bagels. Or hollow out a thin loaf of French bread, fill it with the mixture, and slice it for an hors d’oeuvre.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup heavy or whipping cream
- 1 scallion (green onion, white part and 3 inches green), thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Dash Tabasco sauce
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, gently shredded
- 2 tablespoons red salmon caviar
Gently mix the cream cheese and cream in a mixing bowl. Stir in the scallion, lemon juice, and Tabasco sauce. Gently fold in the smoked salmon and caviar until well combined, but do not overmix. The shreds of salmon and the caviar should remain whole.
© 1984, 1985 Julee Rosso and Sheila Lukins
Nutritional information is based on 16 servings.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox