- Course: Hors D'oeuvre, Main Course, Tapas/Small Plates
- Total Time: Under 4 Hours
- Skill Level: Moderate
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 32 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
When I first opened the original Spago restaurant, this became the signature pizza. Now we don't usually have it on the menu, but all the regular customers know they can always get it at Spago. A glass of champagne is its perfect partner. If you feel decadent you can top the pizza with Sevruga caviar!
1. Place a pizza stone on the middle rack of the oven and preheat the oven to 500°F.
2. On a lightly floured surface, stretch or roll out the dough into an 8-inch circle, with the outer edge a little thicker than the inner circle. Brush the dough with the oil and arrange the onions over the pizza. Bake until the crust is golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
3. Carefully remove the pizza from the oven and set on a firm surface. Spread the Dill Cream over the inner circle and arrange the slices of salmon so that they cover the entire pizza, slightly overlapping the inner border. Sprinkle the chopped chives around the top. Using a pizza cutter or a large sharp knife, cut into 4 or 6 slices, and, if you like, spoon a little caviar in the center of each slice. Serve immediately.
To Prepare Ahead: In step 2, bake the pizza for about 5 minutes. At serving time, reheat until browned and continue with the recipe.
Nutritional information is based on 4 servings, but does not include Pizza Dough, Chili and Garlic Oil, or Dill Cream. For nutritional information on Pizza Dough, Chili and Garlic Oil, or Dill Cream, please follow the links above.
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox