- 4 sweet green frying peppers
- 8 small yellow hot peppers
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 4 smoked trout, preferably boned with head and tail intact (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 2 to 3 lemons, halved
- Freshly grated horseradish
Preheat the oven to 300°. Cut both types of peppers lengthwise and remove the seeds and veins. Lightly coat a heavy skillet with olive oil. Sauté the peppers until they give off their juices and wilt. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place the trout on a baking sheet and heat in the oven for 10 minutes. Serve with the peppers, fresh lemon wedges, and freshly grated horseradish.
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving, and using 1 1/2 lbs of smoked trout.