- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Moderate
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 45 Times
This lamb will be well-done, but spoon-tender.
- 3 lb (1.35kg) leg of lamb roast, on the bone
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 2 carrots, halved lengthwise
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C). Place the lamb in a roasting pan. Mix together the oil, garlic, cinnamon, thyme, and oregano. Brush over the lamb. Sprinkle with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Add the onion and carrots.
2. Fill the roasting pan halfway with water. Bake for 3 hours, basting every 30 minutes; add more water to keep the vegetables moist.
3. Cover with foil. Bake another 1½ hours, until very tender.
4. Remove from the oven and let stand for 20 minutes. Carve, sprinkle with the parsley, and serve.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings, and includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.