- 2 tablespoons dried shrimp
- 10½ ounces dried rice vermicelli
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3½ ounces Chinese barbecued pork (char siu), thinly sliced
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts, tailed
- 1 tablespoon All-purpose curry powder
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 scallion, shredded
- 2 fresh long red chilies, shredded
Soak the dried shrimp in boiling water for 1 hour, then drain. Soak the noodles in hot water for 6–7 minutes, then drain. Heat a wok over high heat, add 1 tablespoon of the oil, and heat until very hot. Pour in the egg and swirl to coat the wok, then cook for 1–2 minutes, or until set. Remove from the wok and cut into small pieces.
Preheat the wok over high heat, add the remaining oil, and heat until very hot. Stir-fry the pork and shrimp with the onion and bean sprouts for 1 minute, then add the noodles, 1 teaspoon salt, curry powder, and soy sauce, blend well and stir for 1 minute. Add the omelette, scallion, and chili, toss to combine and serve immediately.