- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 0 Times
Succulent shrimp and tender scallops are featured in this flavorful one-pot rice dish.
- 10 ounces peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 10 ounces bay scallops
- 1½ cups long grain white rice
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped fresh Parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3½ cups reduced-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon minced garlic
1. Place the shrimp and scallops in a bowl. Sprinkle with the paprika, turmeric, black pepper, and salt, if desired, and stir to coat.
2. Place the broth in a 4-quart pot, and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the shrimp, scallops, onion, garlic, and rice, and stir to mix. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Add the bell pepper and parsley to the rice mixture, stir once, and continue to simmer covered for 5 to 7 additional minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender. Serve immediately.
© 2003 Square One Publishers
Carbohydrates: 64.5 g
Cholesterol: 131 mg
Fat: 2.5 g
Fiber: 2.5 g
Protein: 38.5 g
Sodium: 375 mg