- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 15 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 15 Times
This delicious, easily prepared weeknight meal can also serve as a great dinner party entree. Using an inexpensive cut such as eye-of-round or London Broil is a good way to try organic beef. You will be surprised by how flavorful this is and by using the thin slicing technique you remove the "tough" quality usually associated with lower-priced cuts of meat.
- 2-3 pounds organic beef (use a large boneless cut such as eye-of-round or London Broil)
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Dash salt and pepper
- 4-5 sprigs fresh rosemary, cleaned and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh italian parsley, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
1. Heat the grill. Coat the roast with oil and vinegar, then add salt, pepper and rosemary. Place the beef on the grill and cook to desired temperature (I suggest medium rare).
2. Let the meat stand for a few minutes. Slice thin and serve with a final drizzle of the balsamic vinegar.
3. Sprinkle with parsley and more rosemary if desired. I also like to top it with sautéed garlic and hot chili flakes that have been lightly sautéed in two tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
If you have extra beef, save it for a few days and make tacos, steak sandwiches, or salad.
© 2007 Domenica Catelli
Nutritional information includes 2 lbs of London Broil, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil to drizzle on the meat.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox