Total Timeunder 2 hours
One Pot MealYes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party
Recipe Coursemain course
Dietary Considerationmain course
Taste and Texturehot & spicy, savory
- ¼ pound unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 4 medium cloves, garlic, minced
- 1 cup very thinly sliced celery
- 3 green or red bell peppers-seeded, deveined, and cut into long julienne
- 4 to 5 semi-hot yellow finger peppers-seeded, deveined, and cut into long julienne
- 3 medium tomatoes-peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and with tail intact
- 1 cup fish stock, or shrimp stock
- Salt and cayenne pepper
In a large skillet, melt the butter over moderate heat.
Wilt the onions in the butter. Add the garlic and all of the vegetables and simmer over low heat.
When the vegetables are still slightly crisp, add the shrimp and the stock.
Bring to a simmer, season to taste, cover, and cook for about 5 minutes, until the shrimp are just cooked through.
Do not overcook the shrimp.