Shrimp and Grape Salad with Dill
This light salad is a beautiful luncheon offering.
6 portions as a main course, 8 portions as a first course
Total Timeunder 4 hours
OccasionBuffet, Casual Dinner Party
Recipe Courseappetizer, main course
Dietary Considerationappetizer, main course
Taste and Texturefruity, herby, savory, umami
Type of Dishsalad
- Salt, to taste
- 2 pounds medium-size raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup prepared mayonnaise, preferably Hellmann’s
- 2 cups seedless green grapes, washed and patted dry
- ½ cup chopped fresh dill, or more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Lettuce leaves, for serving
Bring 4 quarts of salted water to a boil and drop in the shrimp. Wait 1 minute; empty the pot into a colander set in the sink. Let the shrimp cool in the colander.
Transfer the cooled shrimp to a bowl.
In a separate small bowl, whisk the sour cream and mayonnaise together well.
Pour the dressing over the shrimp and toss gently. Add the grapes and toss again. Finally, sprinkle on the chopped dill, add salt and pepper, and toss once more and refrigerate, covered, for at least 4 hours.
Just before serving, taste, correct the seasoning, and toss again. Arrange on the lettuce leaves and serve immediately.
1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 2007 Julee Rosso and Sheila Lukins