- Course: Appetizer, Side Dish
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 7 Times
This is a great to use up any stale bread.
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 large juicy garlic clove, minced
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups 3/4-inch cubes crusty bread
- 1 pound tomatoes, chopped into large chunks
- 1/2 cup cooked shrimp
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
In a large bowl whisk together vinegar, garlic, and pepper to taste and whisk in oil until emulsified. Add remaining ingredients and toss to combine well. Let salad stand at room temperature 10 minutes and serve.
© 2014 Jon Ashton