- 1 pound large pasta shells
- 2 cups fresh ricotta cheese
- 6 cups Marinara Sauce
- ¼ cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
1. Cook the shells in a large, deep pot in rapidly boiling salted water until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, combine ricotta, 4 cups Marinara Sauce, and Pecorino Romano cheese in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 4 minutes or until well combined and hot. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Cover and keep warm.
3. Warm remaining Marinara Sauce in a small saucepan over low heat.
4. Drain shells. Return drained shells to the pot. Over medium-high heat, stir in ½ cup ricotta sauce. Using a wooden spoon, toss together for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ricotta sauce. Spoon onto a large serving platter with a ladleful of Marinara Sauce over the top. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings and includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Nutritional information does not include Marinara Sauce. For nutritional information on Marinara Sauce, please follow the link above.