- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 1 Hour
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 6 Times
- 1 pound large pasta shells
- 2 cups fresh ricotta cheese
- 6 cups Marinara Sauce
- ¼ cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
1. Cook the shells in a large, deep pot in rapidly boiling salted water until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, combine ricotta, 4 cups Marinara Sauce, and Pecorino Romano cheese in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 4 minutes or until well combined and hot. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Cover and keep warm.
3. Warm remaining Marinara Sauce in a small saucepan over low heat.
4. Drain shells. Return drained shells to the pot. Over medium-high heat, stir in ½ cup ricotta sauce. Using a wooden spoon, toss together for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ricotta sauce. Spoon onto a large serving platter with a ladleful of Marinara Sauce over the top. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
© 1998 by Frank Pellegrino
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings and includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Nutritional information does not include Marinara Sauce. For nutritional information on Marinara Sauce, please follow the link above.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox