- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 2 Hours
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 38 Times
This rustic stew is delicious served for lunch or dinner.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 anchovies in oil, rinsed and chopped
- Pinch of crushed hot red pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- One 14.5oz (411g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup bottled clam juice
- 8 oz (230g) large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 oz (230g) sea scallops
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp capers, drained and rinsed
1. Heat the oil over medium heat. Add the shallots, celery, garlic, anchovies, and hot pepper. Cook, stirring often, until softened. Stir in the tomatoes, wine, and clam juice, bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Add the shrimp, scallops, lemon juice, and capers. Cook about 5 minutes, or until the seafood is opaque. Season with salt and pepper.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox