Shaved Zucchini and Radish Salad over Smoked Salmon with Lemon-Dill Vinaigrette
Published by Hyperion
Raw zucchini doesn’t have a ton of flavor, but its texture is really delicate, so it’s perfect for this salad.
Total Timeunder 30 minutes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party
Recipe Coursecold appetizer
Dietary Considerationcold appetizer
Taste and Texturecrunchy, herby, savory, tangy
Type of Dishfirst course salad
- 2 zucchini, rinsed and ends trimmed
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- 1 bunch radishes, rinsed, tops and tails trimmed, and sliced as thinly as possible
- Small handful dill fronds
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 15 to 20 grinds fresh black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill fronds
Use a peeler to shave the zucchini lengthwise on each side until you start to hit the seedy middle part.
Lay a couple of pieces of smoked salmon in the middle of a plate. Top the salmon layer with a heap of shaved zucchini, radish slices, and dill fronds.
Whisk the dressing ingredients together until smooth. Drizzle the dressing over the top of each salad.
2006 David Lieberman