- Course: Cold Appetizer
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 16 Times
Raw zucchini doesn’t have a ton of flavor, but its texture is really delicate, so it’s perfect for this salad.
- 2 zucchini, rinsed and ends trimmed
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- 1 bunch radishes, rinsed, tops and tails trimmed, and sliced as thinly as possible
- Small handful dill fronds
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 15 to 20 grinds fresh black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill fronds
Use a peeler to shave the zucchini lengthwise on each side until you start to hit the seedy middle part.
Lay a couple of pieces of smoked salmon in the middle of a plate. Top the salmon layer with a heap of shaved zucchini, radish slices, and dill fronds.
Whisk the dressing ingredients together until smooth. Drizzle the dressing over the top of each salad.
© 2006 David Lieberman