- Course: Side Dish
- Total Time: Under 4 Hours
- Skill Level: Moderate
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 3 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
These little bread rolls can be served with dinner, or used for sandwiches. Good with beef burgers and salad.
1. Stir the flour, salt, and yeast together in a large bowl. Make a well in the center. Mix 1½ cups tepid water with the oil, and pour into the well. Stir to make a soft dough. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
2. Knead the dough on a lightly floured work surface for about 8 minutes, until smooth and elastic. Shape into a ball. Place in an oiled bowl, turning to coat the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand in a warm place about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
3. Lightly dust a baking sheet with flour. Knead the dough briefly on a lightly floured work surface. Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces, and shape each into a ball. Place onto the baking sheet, well separated. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand in warm place about 30 minutes, until puffy.
4. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly brush the rolls with the beaten egg and sprinkle each with ½ tsp sesame seeds. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.