This lively sauce, which takes just a few minutes to assemble, will lend piquancy to seafood and vegetables, in particular asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, artichoke hearts, sugar peas, and bok choy.
Total Timeunder 15 minutes
Make Ahead RecipeYes
Taste and Textureherby, savory, tangy
Type of Dishsauces
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Asian-style sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 green onion (white part only), chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of cayenne pepper
In a small bowl, stir together the lemon juice, vinegar, sesame oil, cilantro, and green onion.
Season with salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste, Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 5 days.
2005 Lou Seibert Pappas