- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons chile bean paste (see Note)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- ½ cup Dashi
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons Japanese or Chinese sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons hot Japanese chile sesame oil
1. Whisk the sugar into the vinegar in a small bowl until dissolved.
2. Working over the bowl, push the chile-bean paste through a fine mesh strainer to remove the rough solids. Collect any paste that has caught on the underside of the strainer and whisk it into the bowl. Whisk in the remaining ingredients. You may make this sauce in advance, but whisk again before serving.
Nutritional information is based on 12 servings, but does not include Dashi. For nutritional information on Dashi, please follow the link above.