- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 9 Times
- 1 carton soft tofu
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric or curry powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon, basil, or marjoram
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives or finely sliced scallions
- ½ cup grated Cheddar, Muenster, goat, or feta cheese
1. Drain the tofu, wrap it in a towel, and press while you gather the rest of the ingredients.
2. Heat the oil and butter in a medium skillet. When hot, crumble the tofu into the pan in pieces about the size of scrambled-egg curds. Sprinkle with the turmeric, season with ½ teaspoon salt, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until dry and firm (but not hard), for 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Add the herbs and cheese, taste and season with salt, then season with pepper. Serve with a dash of paprika over the top.
© 2000 Deborah Madison
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information is based on 4 servings and includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox