- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 18 Times
This is the ultimate feel-good Sunday brunch recipe.
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 8 oz (225g) smoked salmon, cut into thin strips, or hot smoked salmon, flaked
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
1. Beat the eggs with the milk, and season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the butter in a medium nonstick frying pan over medium heat until foaming. Add the eggs and stir with a wooden spoon until almost set. Stir in the smoked salmon and cook until just set.
3. Sprinkle with the chives. Spoon over the toasted muffin halves and serve hot.
Scrambled Eggs with Mushrooms
Cook 8 oz (225g) mixed mushrooms, whole or sliced, in butter, and add in place of the salmon.
Scrambled Eggs with Green Peppers and Tomatoes
Cook 1 seeded and chopped green pepper in olive oil until just tender. Add 3 tomatoes, skinned, seeded, and chopped. Use instead of salmon.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.