- Course: Beverage
- Total Time: Under 15 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 4 Times
Tomatoes contain lycopene, a strong antioxidant touted as a cancer fighter. They’re also rich in vitamin C and contain appreciable amounts of vitamins A and B, potassium, iron, and phosphorus. Research shows that daily servings of tomato paste will keep us heart-healthy. Here’s a good start toward that goal.
- ½ cup (4 oz.) buttermilk
- ½ cup (4 oz.) tomato juice
- ½ cup silken tofu
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh dill or tarragon, or ¼ tsp. dried dill weed or tarragon
- Dash of Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 3 ice cubes, coarsely crushed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Combine all ingredients except salt and pepper in a blender. Cover and process at medium speed until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour into a tall glass.
© 2002 Sharon Tyler Herbst
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt.