- Course: Beverage
- Total Time: Under 1 Hour
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 8 Times
This Sangria is much lighter than some versions made with brandies and stronger liquor combinations. This is a “Sunday Best” recipe.
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 stick cinnamon or canela
- 3 limes, 2 juiced and 1 sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 bottle (750 ml or a fifth) hearty red wine, such as Zinfandel or Cabernet
1. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, water, and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil and cook only until the sugar dissolves. Set aside. This can be done days ahead.
2. Remove the cinnamon stick from the sugar syrup. Combine the syrup with the lime juice, lime slices, orange slices, and wine. Mix to combine well. Serve over ice in stemmed or tall glasses.
© 1998 Jane Butel
Nutritional information is provided by the author.
Per serving (1/6 recipe): Calories 157, Protein 0 g, Carbohydrates 20 g, Fiber 0 g, Fat 0 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 7 mg. (Analyzed without garnish.)
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox