- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 22 Times
Besides being packed with omega-3’s, which are good for the heart and promote healthy brain functioning, salmon is delicious and easy to prepare. It is a wonderful fish to experiment with since it blends with so many different flavors. There is never a reason to be conventional with salmon! This recipe is great in the summer when these vegetables are at their prime. The baby grape tomatoes have the sweetest flavor. Use wild salmon. (If farm raised is all that is available, substitute chicken or another fresh fish).
- 1 lb wild salmon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cob of corn, kernels cut off
- Handful fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Pinch salt and pepper
1. Rub the salmon with a bit of extra virgin olive oil and kosher salt.
2. Place under broiler and cook for five to eight minutes, depending on the thickness of fish and preference.
3. Meanwhile, put remaining olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes in a pan. Lightly sauté the garlic. DO NOT BROWN.
4. Add the tomatoes and corn and heat for one minute. Add basil and salt and pepper to taste. Put aside.
5. When salmon is done, finish with salsa.
© 2007 Domenica Catelli
Nutritional information is based on 4 servings.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox