- Course: Appetizer, Hors D'oeuvre
- Total Time: Under 2 Hours
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 18 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
This piquant spread from France should have a fairly rough texture.
1. Beat the butter in a medium bowl with a wooden spoon until smooth. Break up the salmon into small pieces, add to the butter, and mash with a fork.
2. Add the yogurt, lemon zest and juice, and chives and stir until evenly combined. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
3. Spoon on to serving plates and top with caviar. Garnish with watercress sprigs and lemon wedges.
Good with small rounds of pumpernickel to make tasty and attractive canapès.
Poached Salmon Rillettes:Use the same quantity of poached fresh salmon fillet, removing the skin after the fish has been cooked.
Prepare ahead : The rillettes can be refrigerated for up to 1 day before serving.
Freezing Information: Freeze for up to 1 month.
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox