- Course: Hors D'oeuvre
- Total Time: Half Day
- Skill Level: Moderate
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 40 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
This is a Silver Palate Cookbook classic and continues to taste just as fresh and new to us each time we make it. It was with us the first day we opened the store and the only time it wasn’t available was when we’d sold out. It’s light and pretty, and one of those foods you’ll just enjoy time after time.
1. Soften the gelatin in the cold water in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the boiling water and whisk the mixture slowly until the gelatin dissolves. Cool to room temperature.
2. Whisk in the mayonnaise, lemon juice, grated onion, Tabasco, paprika, salt, and dill. Stir to blend completely and refrigerate until the mixture begins to thicken slightly, about 20 minutes.
3. Fold in the finely flaked salmon. In a separate bowl, whip the cream until it is thickened to soft peaks and fluffy. Fold gently into the salmon mixture.
4. Transfer the mixture to a 6- to 8-cup bowl or decorative mold. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
5. Garnish with watercress, and serve with toasts, pumpernickel, or crackers.
Nutritional information does not include Watercress for garnish or toast, pumpernickel, or crackers, for serving.
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox