- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 10 Times
- 6 (4-ounce) salmon fillets
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 pobiano chile stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- ½ bunch cilantro, leaves only, chopped
- ½ bunch Italian parsley, leaves only, chopped
- 6 scallions, white and light green parts only, chopped
- 3 Roma tomatoes, cored, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons fruity olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Season the fish all over with salt and pepper and place in an oiled baking dish.
To make the salsa, combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree.
Pour the salsa over the fish and bake 8 to 12 minutes, until the thickest part of the fish is cooked through. Serve hot with lemon wedges and the salsa spooned on top.
© 1997 Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger
Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.