This combination of tastes is simply winning—perfect low-carb fare that everyone else will love too.
- Olive oil for the salmon
- Salt and pepper
- 1½ pounds salmon fillet
- 1 pound steamed green beans
- 4 scallions, chopped, including some of the firm green
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon thyme leaves or 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Rub the salmon all over with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside on a baking sheet to season for at least 5 minutes or up to half an hour.
Preheat the broiler. Broil the salmon for 8 to 12 minutes, or until it’s done all the way through but still juicy. Remove from the oven and let cool.
Put the beans in a large serving bowl. Add the scallions and dill; mix well.
In a small screwtop jar, shake up the lemon juice, oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Pour the dressing over the beans. Flake the salmon over the beans and toss everything together well. Sprinkle the herbs over the top and serve.
Nutritional information is provided by the author.
Per Serving: Protein: 34g Fat: 32g Carbohydrate: 7.4g